this is cass

About Us

Friday, November 7, 2008

Go.

Beginning last August, the Lord began leading Cass and me on an adventure. He's asked Cass to pursue his music more by encouraging him through others and building his passion to create and perform. We don't know what this looks like practically, but we can see He has something else planned for us.

Sadly this means we have left New Life Ranch. We've bought a house and Cass is currently delving into new forms of employment (mostly handyman stuff and small music ventures). It was very hard for us to leave with all the wonderful gifts New Life Ranch has too offer, the least of which is a great job where you know what you do matters. We loved serving there and have been served in at least as many ways as we have given. I can hardly imagine not growing my kids up there amongst such loving people in a beautiful valley set apart.

We chose to let everyone know BEFORE we had a plan, because we felt we could make better decisions with the support and wisdom of the loving people around us. We also knew we might look a little bit like lunatics, running out on a very safe-looking living and job situation in a very unsafe-looking economy. But really, what's safer... depending on our fallible, limited selves to take care of our money, health insurance, stability and pride or depending on a loving, all-knowing God who's done nothing less than sacrifice his very life to be near us? Do we take the risks (with kids in mix, I might add) to follow a faint, yet clear calling of the God we know?

After weighing the risks of living on my own terms or living to seek the Lord Jesus, I had to go for the calling. I feel confident in what I know and what I've seen of the Lord's work in my life. In calling me out of the inescapable vortex of selfishness I knew before Him, in bringing me to Cass, in forgiving me of seemingly unforgivable errors and then redeeming me in spite of them, in caring for me in ways I never could have cared for myself. I had to go for it.

No comments: