this is cass

About Us

Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Heart Healer

This weekend on a little trip to the Buffalo River with my family, my parents got a little miffed at eachother and my mother said something about feeling like she couldn't do anything right. I felt a little uncomfortable and excused myself outdoors to "pack" for a while to give them a chance to work it out without an audience. Little did I (or my parents) realize there were a couple of little ears listening to their tiff.

Later when I walked into the cabin, I see my mother bleary-eyed and sniffling, so I ask if she is alright. She proceeds to tell me that India walked up to her and said, "I want to hold you MiMi." My mother picks her up and India begins to comfort her saying, "I love you, MiMi. Nobody's perfect. Not mommy or daddy or Uncle Dusty or Bailey - do you know Bailey Blair? It's okay. Nobody's perfect except God and Jesus." And my mother just bawls.

I love my girl India. In that moment, she reflected the heart of God.

2 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

That is amazing! She obviously has someone teaching her how to express those feelings too! That's a great picture. Is that your mom with India? It's beautiful!

Beth Schuette said...

Amen India! Wow, you have been SO blessed Brandi! God is awesome,huh?