this is cass

About Us

Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Dark

Tonight India, Jude and I walked home for about a mile in complete darkness, except for a few twinkling stars above us. This wasn't the faded navy of the city, but the deep, dark, you-have-to-let-your-eyes-adjust midnight black of the country night.

It was beautiful. India was a bit scared at first, saying she couldn't see me, but after a few minutes they both began oohing and aahing, with giggling mixed in between. The crickets crooned and I found myself wondering what I was stepping on (and in maybe?).

The silencing of my sight was a blessing. I could focus on my hilarious stroller companions, the faithfulness of my dog and the lullaby provided by our Father in Heaven. Thank you Jesus.

2 comments:

Contessa Elegante said...

I love walking in the dark on a warm summer evening. I went outside with the girls last night for one more quick tricycle ride while it was getting dark and noticed the pavement was cold. Normally I'm sad the summer's coming to an end, but it felt so comfortable and peaceful...I'm ready for the coziness of Autumn.

Dusty said...

I really like this one. it's slightly poetic and i just got to experience it myself this last weekend for the first time since we've been in korea. such a blessing! and i miss you too, by the way.