this is cass

About Us

Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Train Track


It kind of feels like right now we're on a train track, with no obvious upcoming derailments. We're clacking along, doing our thing, working, playing, cleaning, biking, running, driving, reading, sleeping. You know. No major bumps.

I know the Lord gives us these times to let us relax a bit, to just enjoy our lives w/him and w/each other. I'm pretty much refusing to get antsy about it. Why not just enjoy the peace? I know war time will come soon enough: changes, challenges, obstacles.

Some days I miss my bro. Some days I feel sad for the desperation I meet. Some days I feel frustrated w/myself for not being more like Jesus to my kids. But for the most part, we're okay. We're making it. There is enough grace for all that. So for now, click clack, click clack. We're just riding along.

The pic is India's first self-portrait (age 3).

No comments: